15 July 2009

keep your chin up


How amazing is this?  I can't bear to throw away these roses.  The rest of them are all withered, dried, (dead).  But this coral rose, poking up and above the rest of its fellows, is still as fresh and as soft, as rich, as it was when I purchased the bouquet. 
I can't help but think that it's symbolic.  Another mystery to add to Twirling Man.  Well, the first good item happened today-- I found out that I passed my Praxis exams that I need for my certification, one of them with a perfect score (what can I say, I know my literature!).  Aren't good things supposed to happen in threes?  I know what I want the other two to be...

worms are the words but joy’s the voice
down shall go which and up come who
breasts will be breasts and thighs will be thighs
deeds cannot dream what dreams can do
-time is a tree (this life one leaf)
but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

~e. e. cummings~

The anticipation makes me feel like this...

No comments: