30 October 2009

6 observations

1. I think Natalie Merchant's voice is magical-- it has the same effervescent (or, in Natalie's case, phosphorescent) quality as champagne.

2. Last night I ate Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream for dinner. Sometimes you need to have an "ice cream for dinner" night.

3. I cried for 2 minutes today due to some parents who needlessly attacked me during parent-teacher conferences. Then I cried for another 2 minutes due to another parent who told me I'm changing her child's life.

4. Lately I feel guilty when I do pleasure reading...but I think it might be necessary for my survival right now.

5. Nothing says comfort like an apple-cinnamon candle lending its scent to my living room, while I enjoy a cup of Hot Apple Cider or Mexican Hot Chocolate.

6. I greatly under-appreciated the 90s for their contributions to fashion and to music. I'm having a bit of a 90s alt-rock-emo revival: bring on 10,000 Maniacs! Bring on REM! Bring on ditsy floral slip-dresses, colored tights, and flannel blazers!

2 comments:

Frankly, Scarlett said...

Why is it that I feel guilty when I pleasure ready too!? I'm now allowing myself one delicious work of fiction per "serious" books that I read.

And #6 HELL YES!!! I want flannel and 10,000 maniacs!

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

2. You endure the first to experience the second.

6. Nirvana and Pearl Jam defined it for me.