30 October 2009
1. I think Natalie Merchant's voice is magical-- it has the same effervescent (or, in Natalie's case, phosphorescent) quality as champagne.
2. Last night I ate Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream for dinner. Sometimes you need to have an "ice cream for dinner" night.
3. I cried for 2 minutes today due to some parents who needlessly attacked me during parent-teacher conferences. Then I cried for another 2 minutes due to another parent who told me I'm changing her child's life.
4. Lately I feel guilty when I do pleasure reading...but I think it might be necessary for my survival right now.
5. Nothing says comfort like an apple-cinnamon candle lending its scent to my living room, while I enjoy a cup of Hot Apple Cider or Mexican Hot Chocolate.
6. I greatly under-appreciated the 90s for their contributions to fashion and to music. I'm having a bit of a 90s alt-rock-emo revival: bring on 10,000 Maniacs! Bring on REM! Bring on ditsy floral slip-dresses, colored tights, and flannel blazers!