26 November 2009

The smoke it sank into my skin

I want a man with a poet's eyes and a pirate's voice.


"Her heart was so laden
She fell by a tree
Sang of some pirate
Who haunted the sea
A wail through the willows
All hollow through the willows
She'll wail through the willows
Till she finds him."

"There's a man who's been out sailing
In a decade full of dreams
And he takes her to a schooner
And he treats her like a queen
Bearing beads from California
With their amber stones and green
He has called her from the harbor
He has kissed her with his freedom
He has heard her off to starboard
In the breaking and the breathing
Of the water weeds
While she was busy being free."

1 comment:

am said...

I was browsing through blogs and happened upon yours. I absolutely love this poem! I am new to blogspot and am trying to get the hang of things. I enjoyed reading some of your blogs, very inspiring.