02 January 2010

We've only just begun...

Happy 2010, dear readers. I have good feelings about the upcoming decade (although not so good feelings for the upcoming teacher week, for which I'm woefully underprepared!), especially since I rang it in with my little Lu, a conversation about the role of art and memory, apple/cranberry/granola pancakes, cake towers, bubbly, a long lost kindred spirit, sheer black polka-dotted stockings, duplicate copies of The Virgin Suicides, vintage typefaces, a Taylor Swift dance-off, the first brush-off and classy escape, Victorian cocktails, new book recommendations, and a (albeit failed) pursuit of Mr. Pocket Square...

A story for another time, loves! Wishing you a year full of effervescence and peacock-colored splendor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a merry happy new year to you, too!

Caroline Cakewise said...

Thanks for more gorgeousness - I've really enjoyed catching up on your posts. Happy 2010 to you, too! I hope it is full of magic. xx