07 April 2010

you with the sad eyes, don't be discouraged

I love thunderstorms, but tonight for some reason I feel like each lightning bolt rattles my bones! I'm like a little girl again, needing to dive under the covers of Fraulein Maria's bed...boys aren't scared, I say to myself, as I swathe myself in satin sheets and cuddle up to my nears and dears. Not true, apparently. Maria chases the scary thoughts out of our heads with lilting tunes of snowflakes and sleighbells. If only we would always sing a song to protect ourselves from storms. If only all we had to to do succeed or chase away demons was to ask ourselves, "What would Julie Andrews do?"

"What will this day be like, I wonder...
What will my future be, I wonder..."

"Oh darling, make it go
Make it go away
Give me these moments back
Give them back to me
Give me that little kiss
Give me your hand."

"There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup"

No comments: