11 December 2007

Seeing red

I found a pair of grown-up, punked out ruby slippers! Now all I need is a large paycheck...
And in honor of my love of all things sparkling ruby and gothic crimson, I've created the first ever "Shadows Bring the Starlight" mix-tape. Think of the imagery associated with red-- fire, roses, and just general passion-- and the songs will speak for themselves:

1) Love Song for a Vampire by Annie Lennox
2) Cherry, Cherry by Neil Diamond
3) Ruby Shoes by Jessica Andrews
4) Crimson & Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells
5) Furious Rose by Lisa Loeb and Ben Lee
6) Eternal Flame by the Bangles
7) Ashes by Embrace
8) 99 Luftballoons by Nena
9) Jekyll N Hyde by Ella Rouge
10) Little Red Shoes by Loretta Lynn
11) Brushfire Fairytales by Jack Johnson
12) Because It's Not Love (But It's Still a Feeling) by the Pipettes
13) Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash
14) Sunny Came Home by Shawn Colvin
15) Red Skies by The Fixx
16) La Vie En Rose by Edith Piaf
17) Science Fiction Double Feature from the Rocky Horror Picture Show
18) Knock on Wood by Rachel Stevens
19) I Melt With You by Modern English



1 comment:

Sparrowsoul said...

brilliant mix, my darling...! brilliant...