19 February 2008

Getting close

Countdown to the big 2-4? 1 day. Countdown to fantastic jazz-age satin-slippered pouty-lipped evening breakfast? 3 days. Tonight: Cafe des Artistes. And karaoke with my fantastic, out-there coworkers.
I have to get in the shower and actually make myself presentable. So this will be a quick post. But I wanted to share my playlist (well, part of it-- there are 60 songs) for the upcoming soiree, and several quotes that are in line with the mood of the evening and my goal for this year as a 24-year-old: LIVE OUT LOUD, WITH PASSION AND GRACE.
"I am a draper mad with love. I love you more than all the flanelette and calico, candlewick, dimity, crash and merino, tussore, cretonne, crepon, muslin, poplin, ticking and twill in the whole Cloth Hall of the world. I have come to take you away to my Emporium on the hill, where the change hums on wires. Throw away your little bedsocks and your Welsh wool knitted jacket, I will warm the sheets like an electric toaster, I will lie by your side like the Sunday roast."
~Dylan Thomas
"At least once a fortnight a corps of caterers came down with several hundred feet of canvas and enough colored lights to make a Christmas tree of Gatsby's enormous garden. On buffet tables, garnished with glistening hors d'oeuvres, spiced baked hams crowded against salads of harlequin designs and pastry pigs and turkeys bewitched to a dark gold. In the main hall a bar with a real brass rail was set up, and stocked with gins and liquors and cordials so long forgotten that most of his female guests were too young to know one from another."
~F. Scott Fitzgerald
1) Sentimental Heart by She and Him
2) I Wish You Love by Blossom Dearie
3) Heart of Glass by The Puppini Sisters
4) Manhattan by Ella Fitzgerald
5) Modern Nature by Sondre Lerche
6) Que Sera Sera by Jennifer Terran
7) You Are What You Love by Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
8) Old Devil Moon by Frank Sinatra
9) Ooh La La by the Ditty Bops
10) Anything Goes by Caroline O'Connor
11) Gay Boyfriend by The Hazzards
12) The Gardens of Sampson and Beasley by Pink Martini
13) Don't Get Around Much Anymore by Harry Connick, Jr.
14) Goin' Places by The Orlons
15) Walk or Ride by the Ditty Bops
16) Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love) by Alanis Morissette
17) They Can't Take That Away From Me by Frank Sinatra
18) Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree by The Andrews Sisters
19) I Never by Rilo Kiley
20) Ain't We Got Fun by Jessica Molasky
21) Angel of the Morning by Merilee Rush

3 comments:

Katelin said...

I couldn't really get past the pictures of Josh Jackson and Diane Kruger. I absolutely love him and like them together, ah. Brilliant pictures choice :)

And nice playlist, I'm a fan.

Chele said...

kudos to the playlist, very nice and appropriate for the evening. I like it.
Whats on your b.day wish list this year though?
Mine i coming up in 2 weeks and I am alreday thinking present...greedy me.

Jamie Lovely said...

That is a lovely playlist!