25 July 2009

tonight, tonight

If I lived in Chicago, I would be here tonight, and not only because I love the name. I just drank myself some champagne, my nails are the color of sugared violets, I am the proud new owner of seafoam-colored bows for my hair, and the night is young. If I lived in Chicago, one of these would be my beverage of choice:

Champagne Cocktail
Gruet Sparkling, Sugar Cube, Angostura Bitters

The White Sparrow
Gruet Sparkling, Lemon, Sailor Jerry's, Velvet Falernum

Summer Sangria
Pinot Grigio, Peaches, Blueberries, Créme de Violette, Apples, Cherries, Grapefruit Bitters

The Etiquette
Gruet Sparkling, Tabernero Pisco Acholado, Raspberry Syrup, Aperol

The Libertine
Gruet Sparkling, Lemon, Pernod Absinthe, Plymouth Sloe Gin


I lean toward The Libertine because it has absinthe (Pernod makes me think of The Sun Also Rises) and the name reminds me of decadence and depravity, a Prague art nouveau existence.

"Isn't it pretty to think so?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow the summer sangria sounds divine